RECORDING AVAILABLE: The Instant Payment Card Proposal Web Seminar on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 4:00 pm, Europe Summer Time (GMT+02:00)
Linxens becomes a Market Monitoring Advisory Council Member of SPA
CPI Card Group becomes a Market Monitoring Advisory Council Member of SPA
Two Advisory Councils open up participation in market monitoring activities and data to non-SPA members
• Non-SPA members operating in the payment value chain can participate and collaborate in market monitoring activities as Advisory Council Members
• Advisory Council Members gain access to proprietary market data sets that keeps them abreast of global market trends
• Provides valuable networking opportunities with other organizations operating in the wider payment ecosystem
• Over 2 billion smart payment cards shipped globally in 2016 by SPA members
• Contactless card shipments account for more than 50% of shipments in most regions
• Most regions exhibit double digit growth, with India’s transition away from cash producing a five-fold increase in smart card shipment volumes
The Smart payment Association has been happily contributing to the Web Fraud Prevention and Online Authentication Market Guide 2016/2017 which has just been released and been made available for download in the Reports section of their website.
Having enjoyed the holidays here at the SPA, we would like to wish you all a very happy, and increasingly cashless New Year!
In recent months, we’ve seen the payment industry’s innovation agenda take a significant step forward. After much work, the standardization initiatives, and regulatory and authentication frameworks, are at last coming together.
The global payments industry is moving at a fast pace. Driven by pressure from major e-commerce and IT giants like Google, Samsung and Apple, financial institutions have been fervently pursuing standardization initiatives – both within SEPA[i] and at a global level – in a bid to improve services to customers and assure their central intermediation role in the payments ecosystem. Meanwhile,
Cardist, Istanbul – Turkey, 12th May 2010 Continued demand for increased security and convenience is fuelling growth according to Smart Payment Association (SPA) .
4th February 2010 - Smart Payment Association announces the publication of its latest white paper
July 2009 - Following its decision to enlarge its scope to get members from new horizons such as issuers and operatorsGovernment bodies, Universities and Laboratories, Eurosmart welcomes three new members...
June 2009 - Munich, Germany - The Smart Payment Association (SPA), which brings together the industry’s largest manufacturers of payment smart cards, has completed its 2008 internal market monitoring activity, undertaken in order to get a better understanding of the current status of the payment smart card market and its key trends.
June 2008 Figures highlight key trends in financial smart cards: a continued growth in the market, a surge in contactless adoption, advanced technology for increased security
April 2007 Figures highlight key trends in financial smart cards: a dynamic market, more addedvalue applications, more security.