How an Instant Payment Card would extend SEPA instant Credit Transfer functionality to consumers paying at point of sale (POS) terminals in stores and retail outlets across Europe.
29-30 March 2019, Marrakesh, Morocco
February 19-21, 2019, InterContinental Hotel, Berlin, Germany
Linxens becomes a Market Monitoring Advisory Council Member of SPA
6 - 7 November 2018, Sofitel Hotel, Hamburg, Germany
Smart Payment Association Announces Cooperation with NXP Semiconductors
Welcomes NXP as Market Monitoring Advisory Council Member of SPA
CPI Card Group becomes a Market Monitoring Advisory Council Member of SPA
1st December 2017, Brussels, Belgium
• Non-SPA members operating in the payment value chain can participate and collaborate in market monitoring activities as Advisory Council Members
• Advisory Council Members gain access to proprietary market data sets that keeps them abreast of global market trends
• Provides valuable networking opportunities with other organizations operating in the wider payment ecosystem
• Over 2 billion smart payment cards shipped globally in 2016 by SPA members
• Contactless card shipments account for more than 50% of shipments in most regions
• Most regions exhibit double digit growth, with India’s transition away from cash producing a five-fold increase in smart card shipment volumes
We are proud to introduce world’s first dedicated Instant Payments Summit. Real Payments is real - 2017 has been be dubbed as the “Year of Instant digital Payments” and this event comes very timely especially for Banks, Merchants and Payment Service Providers (PSPs). This unique initiative supported by Nets A/s will be presented by some of the industry’s leading thought leaders and domain experts who will bring vital insights from live implementations and could help you drive your own Instant payments initiative.
For more info please stay tuned at https://www.instantpaysummit.com
The Smart payment Association has been happily contributing to the Web Fraud Prevention and Online Authentication Market Guide 2016/2017 which has just been released and been made available for download in the Reports section of their website.
Having enjoyed the holidays here at the SPA, we would like to wish you all a very happy, and increasingly cashless New Year!
In recent months, we’ve seen the payment industry’s innovation agenda take a significant step forward. After much work, the standardization initiatives, and regulatory and authentication frameworks, are at last coming together.
Chicago, Illinois, USA, 18-19 October 2016
The global payments industry is moving at a fast pace. Driven by pressure from major e-commerce and IT giants like Google, Samsung and Apple, financial institutions have been fervently pursuing standardization initiatives – both within SEPA[i] and at a global level – in a bid to improve services to customers and assure their central intermediation role in the payments ecosystem. Meanwhile,